Rubica supports the following platforms:
- Apple iPhone and iPad with iOS 10 or newer
- Apple Mac computers with macOS Sierra (10.12) or newer
- Windows PC’s with Windows 8.1 or newer (includes Microsoft Surface tablets)
- Android smartphones and tablets with Android 6 (Marshmallow) or newer
If you purchased a subscription plan with multiple users (Rubica Family Plan, Rubica Team Plan, or Rubica Private Client), you can invite additional users to create their personal account and activate Rubica on their devices.
To invite a user, log into your online portal at my.rubica.com and click “Invite Users”. Enter the user’s name and email address and we will send them a link to set up their own username and password and download Rubica on their devices.
Keep in mind that to add a user, you must first enable multi-factor authentication in the online portal (my.rubica.com). This is an additional layer of security to prevent others from accessing your account and making changes. Give us a call if you need any assistance setting this up: 1-866-278-2422.
When you add users to your Rubica Family or Team plan, you have the choice to make your additional users “Managed Users” or “Admin Users.” In the mobile app dashboard, Managed Users can only see data about their own devices. Admin Users can see the status and data about both their own devices and those of the Managed Users. Often, we see parents set their partner as an Admin User and their kids as Managed Users.
During the installation process, several pop-up windows and prompts will be displayed. You must click “yes” or “accept” (or the equivalent) on all of the prompts in order for Rubica to install correctly. If you think you missed one, delete the Rubica app and reinstall from the beginning. Sometimes antivirus or computer-based firewall rules will prevent Rubica from installing. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus and firewalls before installing Rubica and then enable them again after Rubica is successfully installed.
If you have a virtual private network (VPN) already installed on your device, you might need to disable the other VPN to install Rubica. Follow these steps to disable another VPN to allow Rubica:
- On iPhone: Go to Settings > VPN and make sure the Rubica VPN profile has a check mark next to it.
- On Mac/OSX: Go to Apple icon (upper left corner) > System Preferences > Network > “Disable” the non-Rubica VPN profile.
- On Android: Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > and tap “More.” Then tap “VPN” to see the list of your VPN options. Make sure Rubica is connected/enabled and the others are disconnected. Android also has the option for “always-on” VPN mode. If you have other non-Rubica VPNs, this always-on option will need to be disabled on those VPN profiles. Tap the cog icon next to the VPN name, then toggle the “Always-on VPN” slider to off.
- On Windows 10: Go to Settings > Network & Internet > VPN. Disconnect from the non-Rubica VPN.
- On Windows 8: Click the Network icon in your system tray (bottom of your screen) to view all of your available VPN and Wi-Fi connections. To disconnect from a VPN, click it and click “Disconnect”.
Give us a call if you need any assistance: 1-866-278-2422.